- The biggest lesson I got this summer was a bit cliche but I learned that I need to take better care of my body. I got my first physical in several years and found out my vitamin D levels were “the worst the doctor had ever seen” and that my cholesterol was too high. I am working to establish sustainable habits to take better care of myself. Focusing on taking my vitamins (including megadoses of Vitamin D), drinking more water, eating salads everyday and getting to the gym three times a week has helped a lot.
- Annie F. Downs’ podcast series called the EnneaSummer2019 helped me as I have continued to learn about the enneagram this summer. I highly recommend it if you want to dive deeper into the enneagram. Suzanne Stabile’s book called The Path Between Us really helped me apply the enneagram to help me build better relationships with those I love.
- I am totally obsessed with the Caesar Salad Kit from Costco. Throw in some chicken and its a complete meal!
- Another thing I learned this summer is that Naan bread (also from Costco) makes an awesome base for individual pizzas.
- We got to have a family camping trip with my dad, stepmom, sisters and their families this summer and it was the best! I really want to make this a regular thing!
- Air fryers are terrific for making your food crisp and not heating up the kitchen in the summer. This is the one we got. I love that it doubles as a toaster oven. I don’t love the timer so we use a separate timer.
How about you? What did you learn this summer? I would love to hear!