Emily P. Freeman encouraged me to link up for her quarterly what we learned series. Instead of waiting for the end of the year she encourages us to reflect on the season as it is winding down and this provides a great opportunity to share! So here is my list for this fall:
- I am a Writer! I need to consistently write for my own mental health and then I can share with others as well.
- Public School may actually be the right thing for our family this season. This has been such a huge shift for our family and has taken me a lot of time to adjust too. But it has been a good thing for us so far.
- Going one more time is such a gift! We went to Yellowstone National Park for a third time in September and it was such a lovely experience. No stress to see all the things, just a bonus to experience the area one more time.
- Cancer Sucks! We lost my stepbrother and our family dog to cancer this fall and it is just so terrible!
- Stories don’t have to be tied up with a happily ever after to be good stories that we can learn so much from. There is a trend in books right now that is showing vulnerability as a worthwhile endeavor and I am here for it!
- Oh how I love paint! It had been so long but it is amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do for your spirit and your feelings about your house. So wonderful!
- Plan to Eat has an app for your phone now! I have used the computer version for many years but found out there was an app now and that made it so much more usable for me! (If you hurry their once a year sale for 50% off is still on through December 2.)
- Now that my youngest is almost 4, I can actually get up an hour (sometimes more) before the kids get up! Sometimes I sneak a trip into the gym while they are still sleeping or spend some extra time enjoying a warm drink and doing some Bible study.
- I am not sure it really qualifies as having learned or not but I have been a mom now for 20 years! It still catches me off guard and I’m not sure how I feel about it but I’ve been doing this a long time and I still have another 14+ years of having children at home. I am in this for the long haul. I’m learning how to do this differently. It is a marathon for sure.
- This has been a season of surrender for me. Surrender of my expectations, plans, hopes and even some dreams. It has been refining and it has brought some clarity for me although I am definitely still a work in progress.
I am excited to announce that part of this season has brought clarity about my message and so I have started a new website where I hope to share more with you. I will still blog here occasionally but most of my effort will now be going to:
How about you? What have you learned this fall? I would love to hear!